How to Clean a Star Conveyor Toaster
From buns to bagels, conveyor toasters are used in a wide variety of commercial kitchens. Star Manufacturing assembles some of the best machines in the foodservice industry. When these commercial toasters are cleaned and maintained properly, they perform better and lost longer. Below are standard maintenance and cleaning instructions for a Star conveyor toaster.
Daily or Weekly Cleaning Instructions
Cleaning is part of the regular maintenance of a Star conveyor toaster. The following instructions should be followed on a daily or weekly basis, depending on how frequently it's used.
- Step 1. Turn the power off – Switch the main power switch to "OFF" and unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. Let the machine cool down before you start cleaning.
- Step 2. Clean the interior crumb tray – Once the toaster is cool to touch, slide out the interior crumb tray. Remove crumbs and wipe down the tray with a damp cloth. Once it's clean, slide the tray back into the unit.
- Step 3. Wipe down the interior – With the unit still powered down, unplugged and cool, use a damp cloth to clean the interior of the toaster.
- Step 4. Clean the conveyor belts – Turn the conveyor speed to the fastest setting and wipe the belts with a damp cloth. If the conveyor belts are heavily soiled, use a lightly abrasive pad to scrub any residue and stuck-on remnants.
- Step 5. Wipe down the exterior – Use a damp cloth to wipe down the exterior of the toaster. If there are noticeable smudges or grease stains, use a mild dish soap and warm water to scrub those areas. Rinse with warm water.
Routine Maintenance Instructions
Below are routine maintenance tasks that owners should perform on their toasters.
Cleaning the Air Intake
Owners should clean the air intake at least once a week by following these instructions:
- Step 1. Turn the power off – Turn the main power switch to "OFF" and unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Step 2. Place the toaster on its back – Flip the unit on its backside to access the air intake.
- Step 3. Vacuum the intake – Use a vacuum cleaner with a small crevice attachment to remove any loose remnants from the toaster.
- Step 4. Wipe down the area – After vacuuming, use a damp cloth to wipe down the air intake.
Lubricating the Chain & Sprockets
Owners should lubricate the chain and sprockets at least every six months to ensure top performance. Use Star 1L-Z12397 Chain Lubricant. Follow the instructions below:
- Step 1. Turn the power off – Switch the main power switch to "OFF" and unplug the power cord.
- Step 2. Remove the enclosure – Remove the toaster's enclosure to expose the chain drive.
- Step 3. Apply lubricant – Liberally place the OEM lubricant onto the chain and sprockets. This extreme pressure, synthetic chain lubricant has a temperature range up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, making it best equipped for your toaster.
- Step 4. Reattach the enclosure and test – Place the enclosure back on the toaster and plug in the machine. Turn the power switch to "ON" and test the unit.
Check out our collection of Star manuals for additional cleaning and maintenance tips.
Please contact a local authorized service agent who can help with this specific unit and all your commercial kitchen equipment needs.
|Star Manufacturing Conveyor Toaster Troubleshooting||Star Roller Grill Maintenance & Troubleshooting|
|How to Find & Read a Blodgett Serial Number||How to Find & Read a Pitco Serial Number|