How to Clean a Carpigiani Soft-Serve Ice Cream Machine
Whether it's in a bowl or cone, everyone loves delicious soft-serve treats. It's no wonder why a wide variety of restaurants, cafes and other foodservice establishments rely on Carpigiani to make these cool concoctions. Commercial ice cream equipment always need to be regularly cleaned to withstand constant use and maintain proper health regulations. Our guide will teach you how to clean a Carpigiani soft-serve ice cream machine quickly and easily.
Supplies You'll Need:
- Small soft-bristle brush
- Hopper brush
- Mild detergent
Daily Carpigiani Cleaning Instructions
Daily cleaning should be done when you open or close. Below are instructions for each:
- Step 1. Scrub the lid area – Following the pasteurization cycle, fill a bucket with a cleaning solution and a spray bottle with a sanitizing solution. Dip your brush into the bucket cleaning solution, and thoroughly scrub the dispenser zone, spout, handle and area around the piston. Dampen a cloth in warm water and rinse the area you've cleaned. Once the area is dry, spray with a sanitizer and wipe with a clean cloth.
- Step 2. Spray the remaining lid area – Add the cleaning solution to a separate spray bottle. Spray the solution on the tap zone, handle, dispenser spout and inside of the lid hole. Dampen a cloth in warm water and rinse the area you've cleaned. Follow up by spraying those same areas with sanitizer.
- Step 3. Clean & sanitize the components – Remove the tank cover as well as the oil drip tray and drawers. Wash the disassembled parts in a sink with mild detergent and a cloth. After cleaning, sanitize with sanitizing solution and a towel. Once they're dry, reassemble the components on the machine.
- Step 1. Prepare for the overnight pasteurization cycle – Open the tank and check the level of the mix. Add mix if necessary. The tank level indicator light must be off, and mix level should never reach the pump. Make sure the machine is in distribution mode, meaning the mode light should be on.
- Step 2. Clean & sanitize the tank cover – Remove the tank cover and wash it in a sink with mild detergent and a cloth. Rinse it and wipe it down with a separate cloth and sanitizer solution. Follow the instructions on the sanitizer's label.
- Step 3. Clean & sanitize the tank zone – Use a cloth with warm water and mild detergent to clean the exterior tank zone and tank cover. Follow up by wiping down both areas with a clean, sanitized cloth.
- Step 4. Clean & sanitize the drip drawers – Remove the oil drip drawers located on the side of the machine. Wash them with a cloth, warm water and mild detergent. Sanitize each drawer with a separate cloth and sanitizer solution before reinstalling.
- Step 5. Clean & sanitize the lid area - Fill a bucket with a cleaning solution and a spray bottle with a sanitizing solution. Soak your brush in the bucket cleaning solution, and thoroughly scrub the dispenser zone, spout, handle and area around the piston. Then, dampen a cloth in warm water and rinse the area you've cleaned. Once the area is dry, spray it with the sanitizer solution and rinse with a clean, dampened cloth.
- Step 6. Clean & sanitize the drip trays – Remove the oil drip trays and wash them with a cloth, warm water and mild detergent. Sanitize each tray with a separate cloth and sanitizer solution before reinstalling.
- Step 7. Clean the exterior – Clean the exterior with a warm water and mild detergent. This includes the door area, front panel or other portions of the machine that come in contact with ice cream.
Bi-Weekly Carpigiani Cleaning Instructions
Below are instructions for thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing a Carpigiani ice cream machine every 14 days:
- Step 1. Drain the ice cream mix – Place an empty bucket under the spout and press "STOP." Pull the lever down to drain ice cream left in the machine. Choose the "CLENOUT" function and let the mix come out. When it turns to liquid, press "STOP" and leave the spout open.
- Step 2. Disconnect the pressure pipe – Open the hopper and detach the pressure pipe from the mix pump. Turn the connection sideways and remove the pipe by pulling up from the seat. Let the mix flow out. Grasp the pump, turning it clockwise at 45 degrees. Then, pull it out towards you.
- Step 3. Remove the hopper agitator – Once the pressure pipe is removed, detach the hopper agitator by pulling it up.
- Step 4. Clean the hopper – Close the spout and add about 2-3 gallons of cool water into the hopper. Use your hopper brush to scrub the interior of the hopper as well as the mix level sensor and outside agitator shaft. Clean the mix inlet hole and the mix pump's drive hub with a smaller scrub brush.
- Step 5. Drain the water – When you finish cleaning the hopper area, place an empty bucket under the spout. Open the spigot piston to let the dirty water come out.
- Step 6. Rinse the hopper – Add clean water to rinse the hopper. Select the "CLENOUT" function and let the beater run for 10 seconds. Then, turn off the machine and let the water drain out.
Cleaning & Sanitizing the Parts
- Step 1. Remove the components – Remove the tank mixer, mix pump, dispensing door and beater. Follow the removal procedures highlighted in the owner's manual.
- Step 2. Wash the parts – Wash the parts in a sink with warm water and mild detergent. You can scrub with either a clean cloth or non-abrasive sponge.
- Step 3. Sanitize the parts – Add sanitizer and warm water to an empty bucket. Immerse the disassembled parts in the bucket. Follow the directions on the sanitizer labeling. When finished, rinse the parts in warm water and allow them to air dry.
- Step 4. Clean & sanitize the cylinder – Fill one bucket with warm water and mild detergent and another with warm water and sanitizer. Dip your brush in the bucket with the detergent solution and thoroughly scrub the cylinder. Rinse the brush in warm water. Dip it in the sanitizer solution and sanitize the cylinder.
- Step 5. Clean & sanitize the pump housing hole/compression tube – Dip your brush in the bucket with the detergent solution and carefully clean both the pump housing hole and compression tube. After you rinse the brush in warm water, dip it in the sanitizer solution and sanitize both parts.
- Step 6. Sanitize the rear cylinder & tank walls – Add sanitizer solution to a spray bottle or dampen it on a clean cloth. Wipe down the rear cylinder and walls of the tank.
- Step 7. Rinse the parts in steps 10-12 – Rinse the cylinder, pump housing hole, compression tube, rear cylinder and tank walls with clean water.
- Step 8. Reinstall the disassembled parts – Reattach the tank mixer, mix pump, dispensing door and beater. Follow the removal procedures highlighted in the owner's manual.
Sanitizing the Entire Machine
- Step 1. Add sanitizer to the hopper – Fill the hopper with sanitizing solution, following the instructions on the sanitizer label. Let it drain into the cylinder.
- Step 2. Scrub the interior components – Use a brush to scrub the mix level probes, hopper surface, mix pump surface and exterior of the hopper agitator.
- Step 3. Run the beaters – Choose "CLENOUT" and run the beaters for 10 seconds. Once the time has passed, press "STOP." The cylinder and pump should dill with sanitizing solution.
- Step 4. Scrub the dispensing spout – Dip the door spout brush in sanitizing solution and scrub the dispensing spout thoroughly. Repeat this process about two or three times.
- Step 5. Sanitize the exterior – Wipe down the exterior of the machine with a clean cloth and sanitizing solution.
- Step 6. Drain the sanitizer – Wait about five minutes before placing a bucket under the draw spout. Pull the handle and let the sanitizing solution drain. If it doesn't flow completely out of the machine, keep the spigot open and choose "CLENOUT." Let the beater run for about five seconds before pressing "STOP," so the solution residue comes out.
Looking for more help cleaning a Carpigiani soft-serve ice cream machine? Check out our collection of Carpigiani manuals with additional instructions and tips.
|Carpigiani Ice Cream Machine Troubleshooting||How to Clean a Bunn Coffee Maker|
|How to Clean a Hoshizaki Ice Machine||Doyon Oven Troubleshooting|