How to Use & Program a Manitowoc CrystalCraft Ice Machine
Nothing tastes better than an ice cold drink during the warmer season. A Manitowoc ice machine can make the perfect cubes to keep drinks chilled, as long as you know how to operate it. Below we have a step-by-step guide that will help you on how to use & program a Manitowoc CrystalCraft ice machine.
Program Ice Delay
There are 3 options that you can choose to program how long you want your ice production delayed. You can choose to delay it for 2, 4 or 8 hours and you also have the option to repeat this delay daily.
- Step 1. Open the ice machine door - Open the ice machine door to access the control panel.
- Step 2. Press the clock button - Press the clock button once to choose a 2 hour delay. The 2 hours should light up as a result. If you want to choose a 4 hour delay, press the button again and press the button a 3rd time for an 8 hour delay.
- Step 3. Hold the clock button (optional) - To set your ice delay to repeat daily, after pressing the clock button to your desired time hold the button down again. Once the daily delay light turns on then you can release the button.
Cube Thickness & Weight Adjustments
The Manitowoc CrystalCraft Premier is set to maintain the proper size and weight of the ice cubes. To maximize production and keep your commercial ice machine efficient, it’s recommended that individual ice cubes weigh between 21 to 24 grams (.75 - .85 oz) and have a dimple at the end of the cube. Changing the settings to get rid of the dimple will cause longer freeze cycles and lower production.
- Step 1. Let the ice machine cycle - Allow the Manitowoc ice machine to run for 3 complete cycles. Check the cubes to see if you need more or less time, depending on the dimple size.
- Step 2. Adjust the evaporator thermostat - Adjust the evaporator thermostat depending on the ice cube thickness and weight. For cubes that are not full and have a large dimple, turn the evaporator thermostat up 1 increment to the right. For cubes that are too full and don’t have a dimple, turn the evaporator thermostat down 1 increment to the left.
- Step 3. Allow the machine to cycle - Once you change the evaporator thermostat, allow the ice machine to cycle 3 times. Check the ice cubes to ensure that they are now at the right thickness and weight.
If you need more information on your Manitowoc ice machines, check out our collection of manuals and diagrams.